Monday, July 12, 2010

What I Dislike About School, (A Very Long Post)


Yo! Pat dude here from New York. And I gotta ask, what is the deal with New York? Why wasn't it just called York? Ba-dum-bum! Anyway, here is what I dislike about school. 1. It's always outdoor recess, (I hate outdoor recess!). 2. There can only be 4 boys 4 girls at a table, (I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate that rule!!!!!!!!!) 3. It's boring. 4. There is too much work. 5. We have to learn how to type, ( WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT? EVERYBODY IN MY CLASS KNOWS HOW TO TYPE AND AGREES THAT THAT CLASS IS USELESS! I NOW HOW TO TYPE! IF I DIDN'T, HOW COULD I BE TYPING THIS?) if I ever tell you the uncensored version of that you would, gasp and fall down. 6. We are forced to do sports, ( playing sports is fun. Being forced to play sports isn't.). 7. If you're smart, they make you do EXTRA work if your smart, ( WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH THAT?!!!?? IT'S SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A WHOLE LOT OF CRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!) 8. Too many subjects. 9. Too many units in math, (there are 9.). 10. I go there 8-5 a week, and I never learn what I want to know. 11. I waste 99% of my life in that trash heap. 12. Most of the stuff we learn is useless to to us boys, ( 99.9% of school is POINTLESS to the people in my band including me. When are you gonna need to know that people came to America. They teach me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system because a memorise the utterly useless facts for the tests than I forget most of them. In the words of Bill Watterson, "they've taught me nothing except how to cynically manipulate the system". Coungrats teachers.). 13. We get no reward for going to school. That is all a could remember. See the comic strip above, it goes nicely with 12, (click to make it bigger.).

7 comments:

  1. Patrick, Patrick, Patrick

    <><><><> that is me shaking my head. You will learn a lot in school that will help you. School is cool !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL CCAPA APU SMASH PUNY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I liked about school:

    1. I met a lot of people who I became friends with (including my wife)
    2. I tried lots of sports (because I was forced) and I liked basketball the best
    3. I learned how to play musical instruments
    4. I learned how to type better (practice makes perfect)
    5. I figured out that when I finished something that was hard, it felt pretty good.

    School isn't always cool but I'm still glad I went :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick - I bet you used lots of what you learned in school to be able to even write this list of things you don't like. School can be a drag sometimes, but it is kind of funny that almost everyone looks back on it later on in life and is glad for learning many of the things that when they were kids they could not stand. If you don't believe me, just take Lance's word for it. He is one smart dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick you make some good points. You're right about typing, clearly you can do that. I'm curious about number 10- that you don't get to learn what you want to know. So, what do you want to know? Is it something that your dad or mom could teach you instead? Maybe a teacher is willing to adjust and teach that.

    I had parts I didn't like about school. What I did like was:
    1. Being able to go to art class. I liked being creative and painting and we were allowed to paint our lockers in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade.
    2. I made some friends that I still have today, many years later. We still act like we're 9 years old sometimes.
    3. Science. Most of the girls didn't like science, but I did. I really liked looking at things in the microscope and drawing them. Especially the fly's eye.
    4. Learning to speak in front of my class. In 5th grade I figured out I liked talking in public. I still like doing that today.
    5. Math. You gotta know math if you're going to keep track of all the money your band earns someday.

    Love your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you see, what I want to learn has NOTHING to do about school. Here is list of what I want to learn: Stop motion and what type equipment to use to put it toghther, how to make a time machine, how to get rich quick, how to get enough money to buy 51% of a compony, how to make a device that makes holographic images of yugioh cards when you play them, how to make me band awesomer, how to make a really big mall, and how to make a really big amusment park. All of this has practicly NO relation. The tecnologey has traces, but it's not involved whatsoever with the stuff they teach you in my grade.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Patrick this is my first visit to your blog. I feel a need to comment on your 7/12/10 reply. As for really big malls & amusement parks, please refer to the Mall of America in Minneapolis, MN. They have an amusement park INSIDE of the mall. It is roughly 14,000,000 sq ft. To assits in such a project you will need a Construction Engineering degree ( or related degree) I believe you have what it takes to contribute greatly to our society. I bid you good luck in your future endeavors.

    ReplyDelete